Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.

Monday, October 06, 2008

Here is me being bold.

I walk amongst inexorable, calloused souls.

The sunrise this morning painted an old memory across the sky. It filled my heart with desolate emotions.


I remember how serine moments were back then. Monumental. Words were not necessary; even the ominous silence was captivating.. Time did not subsist in our presence. I remember how officious you were before you slipped away. Spring felt shorter this year...Nothing seemed to bloom like before. I’m sure Fall will feel longer. Did I ever confess to you my penitent apology?

Where is this ardent love these literary writers speak of? Does it even exist? Maybe that’s why I indulge myself more with sapient philosophers. I have never really embarked on loves journey.

I do remember the fervor that came over me when you walked me home. I expressed to you thoughts of destitute sadness. Truth is… I realized that very ephemeral moment that I was happy. At a conscious ease. I asked to be left alone for the rest of the walk. The street light flickered. We were in a movie-like moment frozen in time. You pulled me close; our hearts created one solid rhythm. My eyes fell to the floor. I walked away, deep inside I stayed. I never left, I promise. It’s brought me here; recollecting. I’m putting myself together. I’m letting go of regret. You're a fond memory now; an experience turned to life lesson.

Have I become one of those calloused, inexorable souls? My heart is at a melee with my mind too much these days. There’s no use for my barriers anymore. I've been my own prisoner. I’m setting myself free.

Free to love, Free to learn, Free to really live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home